ONLINE POD ORDER FORM
PLACE AN ORDER
Visit Our E-Bay Store
Links to Other Sites:
UpShot Coffee Filters
ABCD USA - our Main Site
Automatic Brewers and Coffee Devices, Inc. (ABCD®) is a family owned business created in 1969 from a divsion spin off of RMI a company Cyrus co-founded in 1946 at the end of his service in WW II. Since 1979, ABCD has been conveniently located in Philadelphia's suburb of West Conshohocken in a modern, 12,000 sq ft facility (pod packaging, training center, service center, warehouse, showroom, and offices.
ABCD produces PodPerfect® Espresso and Filter Coffee pods and distributes and services professional espresso machines (traditional and superautomatic), a variety of coffees, tyeas, flavoring syrups and sauces, smoothies and frappe powders.
ABCD's co-founder, K. Cyrus Melikian, invented the first coffee dispensing machine in 1947 as well as coffee pods in 1959 and many other innovative coffee dispensing products all right here in the USA! Cyrus has been credited as being the creator of the coffee vending machine industry.
Cyrus found a lot of parallels between coffee and wine and cultivated that passion when he co-founded the International Society of Bacchus America. He was intronized into the prestigious Mr. Gourmet Society in New Orleans in 1976 for his extensive wine knowledge and appreciation.
Bob Melikian, earned his undergarduate and MBA from St. Joseph's University. He has become an expert on espresso, espresso machines and the beverage category. Bob has mentored many students at SCAA Espresso Training Labs and hosted many at ABCD's Training Center and is a Member of the Barista Guild of America. He is a Founding Officer/Director and past President of the Keystone Coffee Association; served on the SCAA Conference Committee; was elected an officer of the National Coffee Service Association and the Greater Philadelphia Restaurant and Purveyors Association. He is active in several culinary and wine appreciation societies and serves as a Director of the Settlement Music School. Bob actively spearheads and participates in ABCD's numerous local community service fundraising events.
In the 1970's ABCD sold tens of thousands of table top, one cup at a time fresh coffee brewers across Europe that brewed coffee pods using the technology Cyrus invented in the late 1950’s and licensed to an Italian entrepreneur in the late 1960’s who took almost 30 more years to commercialize it.
Bob Melikian saw espresso as an emerging new beverage category for the US during those visits to Euope in the late 1970’s and acquired several local espresso sales and service companies in Philadelphia in 80's and 90's. In 1981 ABCD was appointed an exclusive regional FAEMA espresso machine distributor and enjoys the distinction as one of North America’s oldest active FAEMA distributors! Regular trips to Italy exposed the Melikians to authentic espresso - not a dark and oily burned coffee! So Bob imported Italian coffee from Italy because he could not find any US roasted espresso that came close to Italian quality and consistency. ABCD was the first to distribute Torani syrups east of Chicago, re-shipping orders from Maine to Atlanta. In late 1997, ABCD was appointed the regional Master Distributor for Stearns and Lehman, Inc. (now Kerry) syrups. Since having sold and serviced espresso machines for over 30 years, ABCD is extraordinarily sensitive to properly espresso brewing techniques. And as a result, ABCD understands the chemistry (the art and the science) it takes to grind, tamp, and co-pack espresso in pods. ABCD is the only authorized SCAA Espresso Lab Training facility that does what we do! That says it all!
Cyrus’ creative juices were hard at work creating new innovations for pods! ABCD firsts: tamper proof dispenser carton; dedicated pod only filter inserts; 55 mm – 14 gram double “shot” espresso pods; individually (or multiple) packaged, nitrogen gas flushed pouches; testing residual oxygen; quality control documentation. ABCD is the only company that builds its own pod packaging machines.
Mix and Match, Cash and Carry Warehouse Pricing on these discontinued labels, brands, flavors, and bottle sizes – offered subject to prior sale. All sales final - no returns or exchanges. Packaging/shipping available at additional cost.
Dolce – made by Stearns/Kerry Foodservice
DiNatura – Naturally Flavored made by Stearns/Kerry Foodservice
- 128 oz Gallons – (5 x 750 ml) - $14.95 each – Anisette, Hazelnut; Margarita and Pina Colada bar mix concentrate.
- 750 ml Food Service –$3.95 each – Anisette, Apple, Banana, Blueberry Boysenberry, Cappuccino Granita, Crème de Cacao, Crème de Mint, Ginger, Mandarino (Orange), Orange, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, Tangerine and Tropical Fruit
- Sugar Free - Irish Crème and Strawberry
- 375 ml Retail– $2.95 each - Anisette, Boysenberry, Butterscotch, Clear Crème de Cacao, Crème de Mint, Ginger, Lime, Mandarino (Orange), Passion Fruit and Tropical Fruit
- Sugar Free - Chocolate, Irish Crème and Strawberry
- 50 ml Mini – $0.95 each - Almond, Apple, Banana, Blueberry, Boysenberry, Chocolate, Kiwi, Lemon, and Orange.
Torani – made by R. Torre & Co.
- 900 ml glass - Food Service – $6.95 each - Blue Curacao, Coffee, Grenadine, Lemon, Passion Fruit, Pineapple and Triple Sec
- 750 ml glass - Food Service - $5.95 each – Irish Crème, Kiwi, Lime, Mint, and Orange
- 450 ml glass - Retail – $3.95 each –Almond, Irish Crème, Pineapple, and Strawberry
O2 – made by Kerry Foodservice – milk flavoring syrups sweetened with Splenda
- 375 ml - Retail – $3.95 each - Irish Crème, Lime, Mandarino Orange, Orgeat, Peach,
- 187 ml Tykes - Retail – $1.99 each – Blackberry, Crème de Cacao, Crème de Mint, Lime, Mandarin Orange, and Peach.
- Gift carton - $.50 each - decorated full color 4-bottle Tyke Retail box
- 50 ml - Mini – $0.95 each – Cherry, and Mandarin Orange
Oscar’s - made by Stearns/Kerry - call for list of remaining flavors
- 750 ml – Food Service - $5.95 each - Blue Vanilla Thrilla, Bubble Gum Blast, Cotton Candy Craze, and Orange Dream Extreme
FABBRI 1905 imported from Bologna, Italy
- 750 ml bottles – $3.95 each. 375 ml bottles – $2.95 each
- Fantasy Syrup - in 560 ml bottles for $4.99 each
- Flavors: Almond Milk, Amaretto, Caramel, Chocolate Mint, Cinnamon, Coconut, Irish Creme,Mint Orzata, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla
- Fantasy Sauces - in 32 oz plastic squeeze bottles for $7.99 each
- Flavors: Hazelnut, Zabione, Caramel
- MixyBar real fruit concentrates - in 1 liter bottles for $7.99 each
- Flavors: Banana,Coconut,Kiwi, Lemon,Mango, Melon, Orange,Papaya, Pineapple,Strawberry, Tropical Blue, White Mint, Wild Forest Strawberry
- Granitina - clear base for granitas - in 53 oz boxes for $14.99 each
- Charafrutta - all natural salad preservative - in 32 oz bottles for $12.99 each